February 18, 2012

Red Velvet Cupcakes


Over the summer, my sister and I got in the habit of baking something new almost everyday, but it mainly consisted of her baking, measuring, and beating while I sat and watched until it was time to pull it out of the oven.  I liked spending that time with her, but once I went back to school I didn't bake much unless I was with her.  All of a sudden, I've sort of picked it back up again, as a way to de-stress.  Sometimes it's nice to just take a break and bake for an hour or two.  It helps to unwind, contemplate the insanity of life, think about the future (or just the upcoming day).  I've enjoyed experimenting with new recipes and sharing it with the people around me.  It always pulls you out of a bad day or gloomy mood when someone likes what you've made!


These pictures are of one of the many red velvet cupcake batches my sister and I made together.  I experimented with some new editing techniques in Photoshop to make the pictures look like film lomography.  I love how they look grainy and washed out, just like some  of pictures taken with film cameras.  It took longer than I thought it would, otherwise I'd do this effect on all of my pictures!  

 {taken with sony powershot and edited in photoshop}

Love Always, 
        




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love cupcakes, they are so pretty and yours look especially delicious!
xx
thetaleoftwobuttons.blogspot.com

emily said...

How could you do this to me? Cupcakes are my ultimate weakness! Well, besides chicken and rice krispie treats of course, but still agh! I need a red velvet cupcake!

Jana K said...

Those cupcakes look heavenly! Baking always helps me feel better too. There's something relaxing about it.

joy said...

The cupcakes look delicious, yummmm :)

NaNa said...

wow these look lovely and delicious! :)

love from the NaNa girls x

Annie said...

Ohhh these look SO good! Wish I could have some for lunch :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

yiqin; said...

gotta love red velvet <3

Post a Comment